SAP HANA is stylish and slim, with a quick and clever mind
HANA is a bit of a big deal in the world of technology, with innovators and early adopters across the world falling head over heels for the game changing solution; implementing HANA to get their businesses ahead of the herd and as a result quickly receiving the benefits of a platform that is quite literally transforming data processing forever.
Why HANA is a big deal
SAP HANA’s radically new IT architecture dramatically improves the speed of business-wide processes by integrating high speed analytical and transaction processing with sophisticated in-depth analysis, all in real-time.
What does that actually mean?
Something like your accounting or ERP system can be split back to just two processes:
- Recording transactional data: capturing transactions, processing transactions, classifying them, storing them and retrieving them – all quickly ideally.
- Analytics: whatever application program or programs you’ve used to record all of this then needs to be a source of information that will tell you about the past, present and future of your business in the form of analytics, or business intelligence, without which a business has no basis for planning or direction.
These processes are so different that the usual ERP systems have just always created two areas to conduct each process separately. One’s data is then replicated and reorganised to form analysis or reports – usually by extracting, transforming or loading. This is what takes time, causes errors and can generally be infuriating if it goes wrong or causes delays.
The difference with SAP HANA is that it supports both analytics and transactions simultaneously by keeping all of the data together, in its vast memory, all of the time. This mean that the data can be used throughout different programs, by different people, changed, transformed and extracted in real-time – all without delays, errors or the strong urge to throw your computer out of the nearest window.
There are of course further business benefits to SAP Business One HANA, including:
- Enhanced business process visibility and responsiveness
- High speed data analysis at all levels of granularity, for everyone in the organisation
- Reduction of IT ownership costs