As a result of greater reported health incidents due to poor labelling, cross contamination and false ingredient declaration across the supply chain has led to increased regulation in the Food and Beverage industry. Changing your current ERP landscape may be necessary to meet the regulatory demands of today and also for the future. We have compiled a list of the 10 most popular requirements you should be thinking about when evaluating your current ERP.
Here are the top 10 manufacturing requirements you should be adding to your ERP section checklist:
- Ingredient Declaration and Allergens – calculate nutritional and allergen data, and record supplier certificates and specifications data for Halal, Kosher, Bio categories.
- Batch Traceability and Recall – simple and easy to use forward and backward tracking to understand and answer all your batch related questions.
- Batch Date and Quality Status Control – shelf life, expiry date, and inspection dates to reduce stock write-offs, obsolescence and increase business profits, and status control to block batches to be consumed or sold.
- Material Consumption – based on a FIFO and/or FEFO basis, and in high volume production backflush traceable products.
- Quality Control – manage pre, in-process and post production quality control checks, batch and serial re-testing and purchase goods receipt to increase product quality and safety.
- Recipe Management – create percentage based recipes to include scrap and yield, co-Product, by-product and scrap management – to manage product variation as a result of the production process.
- Yield Planning and Analysis – build into your recipe planned yield percentages and method for calculating actual yield.
- Complaint management – centralise customers, supplier and internal business complaints into your ERP system, for analysis and business process integration to product returns, financial credits and quality processes.
- Scheduling – optimise the factory based on an allergen vs non-allergen production plan, while keeping to customer delivery dates.
- Certificate of Analysis – print general and customer specific certificate of analysis documents for the same batch
If you want to know more about upgrading your ERP system, give us a call on 01244 676900 or visit our contact page